There were a period of time when we were having Pancake Sunday every weekend! That’s how we find the best, easy and quick recipe to prepare our pancakes.
I’m sure there are a lot of different pancake recipes out there, this is the one that is quick, guarantee its fluffiness, and delicious for everyone!
I’m too lazy to cut a big pancakes when we start eating, so we like to make these bite size pancakes. It’s easy to keep a nice shape and convenient to eat with your favourite toppings.
Since we are eating these every week, I’m also attempting to make them a bit healthier, so these pancakes are without any oil/butter. But of course you need to have a non-sticky frying pan in order to do it. Still, it’s worth it. I rather intake my calories from maple syrup than butter. 😛
We are a huge fan of nice maple syrup, which ironically is something difficult to find in Germany. Recently we are really into this aged barrel flavoured maple syrup, which is a bit pricey, but it’s a very unique flavor that we never tasted before! So if we could get hold of it, we are very happy to get it again!
- 100 g Plain flour
- 20 g Sugar
- 6 g Baking powder
- 120 mL Milk can also substitute by Soy or other non-dairy milk
- 1 Egg
- Pinch of Salt
- Vanilla extract optional
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, baking powder, salt) together.
- Mix all the wet ingredients (milk & egg, vanilla extract) together in a separate bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry one. Mix until just combined.
- Heat up a non-sticky pan. Scoop one tablespoon of mix to the pan. Wait for 1 min, and flip to the other side. Repeat for all the mix. As you cook, the pan will get hotter, reduce the heat gradually to avoid burning the pancakes.
- Serve with your favourite toppings.